Saturday, November 29, 2008

Different color of Olive-back sunbird?





These are two photos of front and back of this colorful little bird I took and I believe it is the Olive-backed Sunbird. It looks the same compare the shots which I posted earlier but the color has a bit different.It must belong to the same species of Sunbird

The Olive-backed Sunbirds are small songbirds, at most 12cm long. The underparts of both male and female are bright yellow, the backs are a dull brown color. The forehead, throat and upper breast of the adult male is a dark, metallic blue-black. But the underparts of this bird which I captured in Cameron Highlands is white in color.

The photo was taken at the Cactus Point when I was looking at the flowers and cactus plants.This colorful little bird came and sucking nectar from the flower plants. I took out my Canon 70-200mm F2.8 zoom lens and immediately took some shots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pelican photo on top. Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Faissaki

Unknown said...

I view every photos post by you.Well, great shot ,very beautiful.
By the way Thanks for visiting my blog.Photograping is only my hobby.
Have a wonderful week end and happy photo hunting.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Fantastic blog and lovely photographs. Can't help with the Sunbird ID, but great capture.